Dienstag, 24. Oktober 2023, 10:00-12:30 UhrDiscussion Forum on the Business Advantage of Women Engineers
To all who want to overcome
barriers for women engineers
The forum aims to address the challenges faced by both Japan and Germany in attracting and retaining female engineering students and professionals. Despite various initiatives, progress remains limited. We will explore potential underlying factors, such as societal norms, company cultures, and job market structures, that may be hindering progress.
Distinguished Speakers and Panelists:
- Prof. Hayashi Kaori, Vice President of Tokyo University
- Dr. Marukawa Kazujuki, Vice Chairman of TANIOBIS GmbH and CEO of JX Metals Circular Solutions GmbH,
- Joachim Baczewski, Vice President, Thermal Management Asia 1/3, Mahle Behr Japan K.K
- Prof. Burghilde Wieneke-Toutaoui, Chair of the VDI Network Women in the Engineering Profession, Humboldt University Berlin
- Dr. Mona Haug, University of the West of England, Bristol, and Executive Coach
This event offers a unique platform for experts from industry, academia, and women engineer networks to share their knowledge and experiences. Together, we aim to identify tangible recommendations for driving positive change.
For preparation purposes, please send a short email to tell us to expect you as participant for this event.
Please feel free to reach out to:
Prof. Dr. Burghilde Wieneke-Toutaoui (email@example.com)
Dr. Mona Haug (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For further information see: ▶https://lmy.de/ESE
The organizing team:
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Burghilde Wieneke-Toutaoui
Dr. Mona Haug
Dr. Melanie Thaler
This is a joint event by VDI (Verein Deutscher Ingenieure e.V./The Association of German Engineers), Sophia University, OAG (German East Asiatic Society) and the Japanese-German Center Berlin (JDZB)